CISE exists to improve the lives of underprivileged children through quality education. Supporting nine inner-city schools in Cincinnati’s poorest neighborhoods. CISE helps give over 2000 students (96% of who live in poverty) a safe, nurturing environment where they can learn, grow, thrive and succeed. Our Catholic schools serve students of all beliefs and backgrounds with where the single mission to educate children out of poverty and into better lives. It’s a mission that changes courses, transforms lives, unlocks possibilities, and rewrites futures – one deserving and determined child at a time.
CISE provides a comprehensive educational pipeline from preschool through high school to help students achieve better outcomes in life.
- 95% of CISE third graders passed the Third Grade Reading Guarantee – outperforming statewide average. This is an indicator with predictive value for future academic success
- 86% of 8th Grade graduates are accepted into Catholic High School
- 94% of CISE students who graduate from Catholic school are accepted into college
- Many CISE students are the first in their family to attend college
Providing a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment for students to learn and grow is essential as
- 74% of CISE students are non-Catholic
- 85% are minorities
- 96% live in poverty
Values for Life
CISE schools focus on forming the whole student by instilling strong values for life, such as, discipline, responsibility, perseverance, respect and cooperation.